Spyware is something that can even fool an expert computer users. Many often notice some spyware symptom in their system. Hence, many of you looking for a best spyware removal software for Windows system. Which is the best spyware removal program for Windows? If you are seeking an answer to that question, you are in the right place.
What is a spyware removal program?
Spyware removal software, or antispyware programs as they are commonly referred to, remove spyware and any other malware from your computer. The software is designed to monitor inbound data from websites, emails, and downloaded files. The software then intercepts and removes any suspicious files, thereby preventing malware and spyware infections on your system.
Antivirus vs. Antispyware
Antivirus programs are designed to block viruses, while antispyware are designed to prevent malware and spyware. Your computer needs protection from all kinds of threats. Fortunately, there are antispyware programs designed to protect your computer from malware, spyware, and viruses. Such programs include Kaspersky, McAfee, and Webroot.
What to look for when purchasing antivirus/antispyware programs?
There are tons of programs and software on the internet that promise to remove spyware and virus from your computer. Not all of these programs will deliver on their promises. To identify the best spyware removal program, make sure it has the following features:
- On-demand scanner: You should be able to initiate a Custom scan for specific file or folder.
- On-access scanner: This feature allows the antivirus program to scan a file once the user opens it.
- Real-time scanner: This feature monitors all incoming data in real time to intercept any malware.
- Heuristic Scanner: An antivirus program should have the ability to use its experience to identify new threats, even without any software update from the vendor.
- Script blocking: Script language can be used to execute malware. Therefore, a good antivirus program should monitor script language and block any suspicious script file.
- POP3 email scanner: Malware can be transmitted through email attachments. Antivirus software should monitor POP3 email traffic and identify any threats.
- Scheduled scans: Consider antivirus programs that allow you to schedule scans say every day at a specific time.
- Compressed file Scanner: An antivirus program should scan compressed files, such as zip files. Sophisticated antivirus programs can scan a compressed file within a compressed file, no matter how many layers the malicious file is buried.
- Automatic updates: The challenge of keeping malware and virus at bay is that the malicious coders find new ways of penetrating your system and new threats. Antivirus programs providers often roll out updates to address new threats. Always set your antivirus program to auto update and install new updates.
Five best spyware removal software
Kaspersky Anti-Virus has the best scores from independent lab tests. The program offers the fastest full system scan. Also, it comes with a feature called “Vulnerability Scan,” which scan the whole system for any vulnerability. The cost of this antivirus depends on the number of PCs protected. You can cover three PCs for a year at $59.99. Often, the program has special offers, so the price should not scare you.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus can only be defined as a security suite considering all the bonus features it offers. The high scores from independent lab tests and the kind of protection it offers qualify it for this list. For $19.99 per year, you get effective protection from malware and antiviruses and bonuses such as website security, file shredding, and password management.
Independent lab tests do not put McAfee Antivirus Plus at the very top. However, its bonus features are overwhelming. Once you purchase the program, for about $19.99, you can install it in an unlimited number of devices, regardless of the platform (Windows, iOS, MacOS, and Android). McAfee’s malicious URL blocking and malware detection is way above average. The updated user interface in the latest update is excellent.
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus has very good independent lab scores, as it goes beyond the purpose of an antivirus program. It can recover files encrypted by ransomware. It can detect unknown malware, scan your full system very fast and occupies very little disk space. Also, itsts malware blocking is excellent, considering it only costs $18.99.
Norton Antivirus has excellent scores from independent lab tests. It has a powerful anti-intrusion feature that deals with spyware effectively. The Norton Power Eraser “blasts” that stubborn and persistent malware. Another bonus is the password management feature. It scores highly in malicious URL blocking.
Those are the best spyware removal and antivirus programs. The programs above are not free. There are free options, but these have several limitations and may not offer the tight protection you expect. Always buy antivirus programs from the official vendor’s website or a trusted retail store.
Which is your best spyware removal program? Please let us know in the comments section.